|Parish Council Contact List
|Vice Chair/Flooding/Emergency Plan||Nick Turkentine|| |
|Communications + Planning||Diana Frost||01799 599771|
|Environment||Alan Weedon||01799 599366|
|Traffic and Legal Issues||Mark Welbourn||01799 599238|
|Highways + Public Footpaths||David Drane||01799 599397|
|Neighbourhood Watch + Tree Warden||Laura Saxel|| |
|Clerk + Responsible Officer||Rebecca Cox|| |
|Parish Council of Hempstead|
Minutes of the Meeting of Hempstead Parish Council
held on Thursday 14th April 2022
Members of the Public:
The Parish Council meeting started at 8.00pm
The meeting ended at 9:47pm
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
An apology of absence was accepted from Mr Sean McCarthy.
No members of the public were in attendance.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Laura Saxel raised a non-pecuniary interest on Planning (22/007), in regard to the Hill Cottage planning application.
REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND/OR COUNTY COUNCILLORS
District Councillor (DC) Smith confirmed that the 2022/23 Ward Members Grant of £500 can be used towards the cost of refurbishing the water pump. He noted that there may be some issues with refuse collections in the short term, due to staff shortages. The Local Plan consultation has been pushed back to July 2022. The Vice Chair requested that DC Smith approach County Councillor (CC) Foley in regard to funding available for the clearance of ditches/culverts where neither landowner or Highways is accepting responsibility. DC Smith stayed for the rest of the proceedings.
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING OF THURSDAY 24th MARCH
A minor grammatical amendment to the draft Minutes, 188. Environment, was approved. The amended Minutes were then approved as a correct record and signed by the Vice Chair.
Item 1 – The Clerk presented the end of year draft Financial Statement for 2021/22, circulated prior to the meeting, and then signed by the Clerk and Vice Chair.
Item 2 – The Clerk presented the Asset Register, circulated prior to the meeting. It was noted that the framed definitive map should be added to the register. There was a discussion on whether the register should show the assets as depreciating rather than appreciating in value (under the insured section).
Action: The Clerk to discuss with the Internal Auditor, Ross Midgely.
Item 3 – Internal Audit: The Clerk confirmed that Ross Midgely had once again agreed to act as Internal Auditor for the Parish Council. The Exemption Certificate was approved and signed by the Clerk and Vice Chair.
Action: Clerk to submit the Exemption Certificate to the external auditor and submit draft accounts to Ross Midgely (internal auditor).
Item 4 –
|Standing Orders||Rebecca Cox – Salary||£287.30 per month|
| ||Brian Kitchen – Website||£100.00 per month|
|Community Heartbeat||Defibrillator Management||£198.00 per annum
|CPRE||Subscription||£36.00 per annum|
|RCCE||Subscription||£52.80 per annum|
|100 Parishes Society||Subscription||£10.00 per annum|
|Royal British Legion||Donation||£25.00 per annum
|Essex Heritage||Donation||£25.00 per annum
|Unity Trust||Service Charge||£76.00 per annum
|Grass Cutting Greens etc||Payments to Julian Basham||Up to £2410 budget|
Item 5 – The following payments were approved and invoices signed by the Vice Chair:
£430 to Julian Basham for grass cutting/fuel surcharge.
£144.98 to the EALC for affiliation fee.
Hill Cottage: UTT/22/1018/HHF. Single storey extension, conversion of existing garage to form annex and construction of new garage. NO COMMENTS REQUIRED
Iswas Cottage: UTT/22/0827/HHF. Proposed alterations and side extension. NO COMMENTS REQUIRED
Fairview Bungalow: Planning enforcement have opened a case into alleged breach of planning consent UTT/19/0687/HHF
Hempstead House: UTT/22/0506/FUL. AWAITING DECISION
Anso Corner Farm:: UTT/22/0441/FUL. AWAITING DECSION
Lakehouse Farm: UTT/21/1862 and 1863/FUL. AWAITING DECISION
Development Parish Management Forum – Diana Frost gave a brief summary of the virtual meeting. Most of the discussion was in regard to larger developments, where parish councils were concerned about Uttlesford Planning now being in special measures. Enforcement – Diana raised the desire that planning breaches be enforced, however feedback was that legal action/prosecution would be the very last resort. Conservation areas – no new work in progress. Diana Frost passed notes to the Clerk.
Climate Emergency webinar email – no action required.
Community Project Grant Scheme – no current projects that grant can be applied for. Diana Frost confirmed that the Village Hall Management Committee (VHMC) were pursuing a grant from this scheme.
REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS FOR INFORMATION ONLY
Policing/Neighbourhood Watch – Laura Saxel hoping to attend a coordinators’ event at the end of April.
Health and Wellbeing – nothing to report.
Highways and Rights of Way – Local Councils Liaison Forum: Mark Welbourn gave a brief summary of the forum – ECC Highways is looking at an internal review of speed limits and County Cllr Scott is open to receiving emails directly on highways issues that are not being actioned.
County Broadband works: It was noted, disappointedly, that the footway on High Street was once again being excavated by the contractors. ECC Highways will inspect once the work is complete to ensure reinstatement of footway is up to standard. The Clerk to look through previous correspondence with County Broadband regarding requests made and will report at the next meeting.
Environment – Tree Survey: Laura Saxel is arranging for later in the year.
Horse chestnut at village hall: Work has been pushed back to 25/26th May as UKPN are unable to inspect until 25th April. Affected residents have been informed.
Refurbishment of water fountain: Diana Frost is awaiting confirmation from the contractor on when work can start. A separate contractor to fix the dripping tap will need to be found.
Deregistered village green: The Clerk had unearthed correspondence relating to previous discussions on the land on which the bus shelter is located and confirmed that it is deregistered village green, and that a previous request to have it re-registered was withdrawn due to it being unlikely to succeed. It was therefore confirmed that it is land over which highways rights exist.
Communications - Nothing to report.
Village Hall - Nothing to report.
Flooding - Nick Turkentine is still awaiting information from CC Foley in regard to grant funding available for the clearance of ditches/culverts. As discussed earlier in the meeting DC Smith agreed to make an approach to CC Foley on the Parish Council’s behalf.
ANNUAL REPORT ACTION
The Clerk to draft the Annual Report using submissions from Councillors, and circulate before the end of April.
Diana Frost reported on the events being organised by the sub-committee and confirmed that information pamphlets would be distributed shortly.
MATTERS ARISING REQUIRING DECISIONS, TO BE INCLUDED ON THE NEXT AGENDA
FUTURE MEETING DATES
Annual Meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Wednesday 18th May at 8pm.
The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Friday 27th May at 8pm in the village hall.
It was agreed that a Parish Council meeting to be held on 23rd June at 8pm.
For a printable version of these minutes please click here.